The Detroit Artists Market (DAM) is pleased to host the 2018 Scholarship and Exhibition Program. This year’s scholarships and exhibition will commemorate and celebrate the diversity and achievements of the College for Creative Studies (CCS).
Eligibility: DAM would like to invite all currently enrolled CCS sophomores, juniors and seniors from the Fine Arts, Crafts and Photography departments to apply for the John F. Korachis Annual Scholarship and Exhibition Program. Three scholarships will be awarded to select students exhibiting masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. All the scholarship finalists will be invited to exhibit their juried work along with participating CCS alumni and faculty at DAM during this College for Creative Studies scholarship exhibition.
Entry Procedure: All currently enrolled sophomores, juniors and seniors in CCS Fine Arts, Crafts and Photography students are encouraged to submit this call for entry along with images of their work, artist statement and supporting documents to DAM by no later than: January 19, 2018.
- Complete all parts of the application form (available at the gallery or by e-mail request at email@example.com).
- Submit a disc or flash drive with up to 20 digital images representing the scope of your work.
- Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD. JPEG format files are preferred.
- Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
- Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: Name_art title_entry number.jpeg
- Include an oriented reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
- Submit an artist statement.
- Label the CD or flash drive with the artist’s name.
- Application form, disc or flash drive, reference sheet submitted to DAM no later than January 19, 2018.
- Students must be currently enrolled sophomores, juniors and seniors at CCS.
- All work must be original, no substitutions or copies will be accepted from the original juried work.
- All work must be for sale.
- 2-D work must be mounted and/or framed with hanging mechanism and ready for installation.
- 3-D work must be delivered with all hardware and instructions necessary for installation.
- DAM reserves the right to disqualify work that does not meet the requirements listed above and/or gallery regulations.
- All student finalists are requested to participate in the Gallery Talk.
January 19, 2018 Call for Entry is Due along with each applicant’s brief artist’s statement
January 27, 2018 Email Notification to Applicants
February, 2018 Studio Visits
Feb. 20 – 24, 2018 Artwork Drop Off 11:00am – 6:00pm
Friday, March 2, 2018 Opening Reception, DAM Members 6:00pm – 7:00pm / Public 7:00pm – 9:00pm
March 2 – April 7, 2018 CCS Scholarship Exhibition is Open, Tuesday – Saturday; 11:00am – 6:00pm
April 10 – 14, 2018 Work Pick-Up, 11:00am – 6:00pm; Tuesday – Saturday only