Call for Entry
2021 Student Scholarship Application & Call for Entry
College for Creative Studies Scholarship Awards & Exhibition – March 12 – April 17, 2021
The Detroit Artists Market (DAM) is pleased to host the 2021 Scholarship and Exhibition Program. This year’s scholarship and exhibition will commemorate and celebrate the diversity and achievements of the College of Creative Studies.
DAM would like to invite all currently enrolled CCS second, third, and fourth year students from all departments, including ceramics, design, fibers, metals, painting, photography, print media, sculpture and architecture to apply for the John F. Korachis Annual Scholarship and Exhibition Program. Three scholarships will be awarded to select students exhibiting masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. All the scholarship finalists will be invited to exhibit their juried work, along with select CCS alumni and faculty at the DAM during this year’s College for Creative Studies scholarship exhibition.
All currently enrolled CCS second, third, and fourth year students are encouraged to submit this call for entry along with images of their work and supporting documents to DAM by: January 16, 2021.
- Complete all parts of the application form, linked here: CCS Scholarship Exhibition Application Form 2021.
- Submit 20 digital images representing the scope of your work.
- Digital images are to be submitted through email. JPEG format files are preferred.
- Keep files to a maximum of 1.5MB, please.
- File names need to be as follows: Entry number, Name, Artwork Title
- Include a reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
- Submit an artist statement.
- Application form, artist statement, images, and reference sheet submitted to DAM by email to Alex Diebel, DAM Gallery Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than January 16, 2021.
- Students must be currently enrolled at CCS.
- All work must be original; no substitutions or copies will be accepted from the original juried work.
- All work must be for sale.
- 2-D work must be mounted and/or framed with hanging mechanism and ready for installation.
- 3-D work must be delivered with all hardware and instructions necessary for installation.
- DAM reserves the right to disqualify work that does not meet the requirements listed above and/or gallery regulations.
- All student finalists are requested to participate in the Gallery Talk.
January 16, 2021 Call for Entry is Due (along with each applicant’s brief artist’s statement)
January 23, 2021 Notification Emailed to Applicant
January/February, 2021 Virtual Studio Visits
February 23 – 27, 2021 Work Drop Off
Friday, March 12, 2021 Opening Reception 6:00pm-9:00pm
March 12 – April 17, 2021 CCS Scholarship Exhibition is open
April 20 – 24, 2021 Work Pick Up
Images and supporting documents will be reviewed and juried by the Scholarship Committee. The committee will select participants and scholarship recipients based on each applicant’s masterful execution of concept, design and media expertise. The Scholarship Committee will also “visit” each finalist’s studio through a virtual meeting.
DAM retains 1/3 (33.33%) commission. Michigan sales tax is collected and submitted. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the closing of the exhibition.
DAM is acting solely as a representative of the owner, and neither its staff nor its trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives or members shall be liable for loss or damage to works of art on the premises or transit (or those works of art that may be exhibited elsewhere within the sole discretion and under the control of DAM) due to fire, theft, negligence or any other cause. DAM may at its option maintain such insurance coverage as it deems appropriate, but it shall have no obligation to do so.
Students are encouraged to volunteer at DAM. If you are interested in volunteering, please call the DAM at 313-832-8540.
Delivery and Pick-Up
All selected artwork must be delivered during the scheduled drop off dates by hand or by mail. All work must be picked up during scheduled pick up dates or if shipped, the appropriate shipping container and postage must be delivered to the DAM before the end of the exhibition. Artwork left after the scheduled pick up date will become property of the DAM.
For more information, please contact:
Alex Diebel, Gallery Manager
email@example.com | 313.832.8540
The use of EntryThingy below is not required for this Call for Entry.